måndag 28 december 2009

In the paper

I read today about a danish man, who got robbed when he was in the US, in the beginning of the 70's. He started to hitchike with people through the US, he lived with cotton-farmers, he was told how much the slaves were missed. He drove an old woman to Arizona because she wanted to die there, instead she held her gun in her hands in the car, of fear of him. His dad sent him a simple camera and he took tens of thousands of pictures. He shared beds with random strangers, he let a girl braid his beard and he gave out a book. This book was liked by communists and the kkk because it showed the true US. I was fascinated. I wish I was some danish man-hippie. And that I only cared about the truth and not what actually happens to me. I wish I was allowed to see those kinds of things. I wish I was strong enough for them.

Inga kommentarer: